Skip to main content

SUMMERTIME NAILS// fashion+style

PUT SOME SHINE ON THEM

I love the look of a nice  nail polish anytime,  but there are days like it seems like to much fuzz .
The one thing I don't like is when the polish starts to chip and retouching does not look great.


The shades of nail polishes are so stunning and the selection of colours  unimaginable.
I usually stick  with lighter shades, nothing to dark,  and of course a  red polish on occasion.
(like a pop of colour sometimes)




Lately i have tried to keep  a more natural look using a clear polish just to add some shine to the nails- plus it doesn't look as bad if it chips slightly.
And it also protects the nails.

Another fun polish I like are ones with a bit of sparkle, in a neutral shade.
 Looks nice on hands and feet, especially when wearing sandals.

HIGH END vs DRUGSTORE 

I have tried the high end  and drugstore versions. If I like the shade and wears well great.
Usually i get the shade i use most in the full size bottle, because it gets used up and not
dried out. Gels I find are great , they last and have a bit of a  glossy look.
 If I want to experiment with other shades , then smaller bottles are my choice.



What are some of your favourites for summer???





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WESTWOOD life// Fashion, mode, punk looks

  CELEBRATE PUNK DESIGNER JUST THIS month it was Vivienne Westwood's 80th birthday. The fashion designer who brought PUNK fashions to the forefront. Her designs were over the top , colourful, eccentric and I think abit wild.  She still is designing and even some of her designs were part of the Life ball held here in the past, she also designed the costumes for the ballet performance for New years.  Known for her flaming orange reddish hair , bold clothes - she is a woman of her times, the punk era of UK. A look at some of designs and her style. tamer looks  images, vogue , runway magazine,  

INSTAGRAM REAL STARS?

WONDER IF SHE IS REAL? How many people follow their favourite instagram and feel perhaps this is what a real person looks like and maybe lives like. I am not talking celebrities like Rihanna or Kardashians  or any of the other major celebrities . I am not a big follower of instagram, but for those that are there are a few surprises  such as one very popular Instagram Star is actually a virtual reality image, not a REAL person. These computer generated images look so real that people are actually thinking it is  a real person. Something strange about that , if someone is able to fool people in such a way  Firstly it is not stated this is not a real person    This to me is funny. with all the talk about fake news  etc. So why is it allowed to have computer generated images allowed to be part of?  Okay  maybe its like following a cartoon hero, i.e. SUPERMAN or WONDERWOMAN - but this we know are only characters not REAL PEOPLE. These so called stars  gorgeous , flawless and h

CAMOUFLAGE STYLES// Fashion, designer

 SOMETHING DIFFERENT  I have to say I love color and prints, and when I saw the work of this Kenyan photographer Thandiwe Murui ,  I was in AWE.   Such vibrant prints that make a statement . The  prints or the checkerboard are definitely eye- catching. ( I happen to have a checkerboard top  that I wear as a coverup)  This might not be for everyones taste, but sometimes it is fun to be a bit wilder! THE SWIRLS  love this print and the colour combination . Vibrant and fun! A MOD- FLORAL this print that looks like a Sunflower is perfect for  summer. JUST BLENDING IN CHECKERBOARD ANYONE? find out more about her work   here   Thandiwe via BBC images via Thandiwe Murui