Skip to main content

Real or faux furs// fashion


The Fur Dilemma 

Fashion week: fall winter 2025/26



The latest  looks on the runways feature fur coats , Ssome real and faux furs. 

Some of the  designers featured fur  , this after years of  no fur campaigns. . 

Furs were in the past the luxury item but looking back hundreds of years it was used in trading . Fur trappers sold the furs to Europe. A business that thrived for hundreds of years . 

Now you a get faux furs that  look so real.  Naturally  they are made from chemicals   So not a natural thing. . The process is no doubt not good for the environment. Also it does not degrade. 

I would say it’s a good idea to recycle or restyle any fur , whether real or faux. Pass it on to someone else to use. 




I have my mothers fur coat  it is lovely but extremely heavy and  stiff.  I later bought a coat that I wore for many years  sadly it ripped at the seams and needed repairs .  Later I found a lovely faux fur  thst I wear often in winter.  . It’s lightweight and very comfortable to wear. 

I definitely will pass it on and not throw into the trash. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020 popular posts // blogging

  WHAT WAS POPULAR in 2020 Top posts of the year were a mix,  but the one that was most popular was the TOUCH OF GOLD, followed by fashions, and people seemed to be interested in a few gardening DIYS, which was a kind of a surprise . I guess when we were all stuck in lockdowns , doing something different is something we want to try.  From baking to gardening , or clearing out closets, fixing up our space or adding some new plants - a lot of things were new and totally different for many of us.  THE 10 TOP POSTs of 2020 A TOUCH OF GOLD ,  a look at some of my favourite pieces of jewelry. Seems we all love  jewelry and with the lockdown chances of us wearing them  was less. So I decided to write about that. see more    gold SOMETHING NEW  the summer was a hot one and i was in desperate need of something new to wear. My love of maxi dresses  had me looking for one .  The ideal maxi  FASHION THE OLD FALL FEELING a ...

MET GALA 2024// fashion , MET gala

Fashions at the Met The time is here to see the fabulous fashions that are from this years Met Gala  .Always aan eye popper and this year the theme was flowers botanical  looks.  Some very interesting creative fashions, especially if you love flowers.  My favorite look was Demi Moore’s  gorgeous gown  a really stunning dress.. The bold big floral print on the dress was wow!  I loved it!  And she looked beautiful in it.  The other gowns  were lovely too.   Men in floral print slacks to fun shoes .  Something for everyone tastes.  Photo via Getty images  Here you can see more from the gala.   Via bbc  https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-68938637

Fashion designer Armani

A  Legend in Design  Armani the iconic  designer has recently passed away. He changed  fashion in a way lke coco Chanel did. .  The Iconic Suit The Suit typically worn by men.   He changed that to include women.  He made the suit for women to wear that would empower them. Softened the look with fitted waist   Different fabrics and loose fitting trousers .  Not only was he designing fashion but had his name on fragrances eyewear a much more .  -