Skip to main content

GIFTS,SALES & OTHER THINGS// lifestyle , DIY

FEELING STRESSED? Relax , take a deep breathe.

Good advise I am sure, but I am sure many people feel like that, overstressed with the holidays.
After all the Black Friday and CyberMonday sales  it can feel like one is missing out on the best stuff.
Maybe so, but for me my idea is there are always sales and things to buy.  So I don't feel the pressure to go crazy or worry. Perhaps my mindset has changed over the years or the fact I am living in
a different country now. Whatever it feels great to not feel that pressure and just enjoy the moments.

This year I thought I go the DIY route and make some stocking stuffers to give and add on a few things .  After starting this little project I have to say it was SO relaxing and enjoyable. Even the kids would like to make them.

 🎍🎅HOLIDAY GIFTS DIY IDEAS🎄🎅

First on my list are some room diffusers, they are so simple to make and smell lovely. 
You can find several ideas online. My first attempt was the easiest using essential oil, water and vodka (the carrier), bamboo sticks or skewers and container with narrow opening..
Depending on the size of your container, fill with water, add the carrier , 12+ drops of essential oil
Normally they say to use a carrier oil,  but the vodka seems to work. 
Flip the sticks around so both.ends are soaked.  ADD on a good book to read or CD.




Second  heating packs, these little packs are super to warm the toes or use to sooth pain . 
Another super simple idea to make. 
 Sew together a small pillow from material (flannel) and fill with rice. 
I made 2 sizes , one smaller for wrist or toes, another bigger one for back area.
Heat up in microwave for 1-2 minutes.
(Note: I used 1 new hand towel to make small and medium heat pack.)
You can make it any size.  A twin pack is a nice option as gifts. 
ADD on  a travel magazine or book 





Third Christmassy Candles , another lovely idea. Candles are something everyone loves and
probably don't buy . I came across a super easy way to give a simple pillar candle that extra .
Get a pillar candle, some Christmas tissue paper, cut to size of candle. Simply use a blow dryer to warm the outside of candle and gently press the tissue on, continue around the candle till covered.
Voila  another fancy gift done. ADD on Coffee mug and coffees .





Fourth  for the bird lover, Pinecone Birdfeeders.  Grab some pinecones, and cover with lard or peanut butter, sprinkle birdseed over press into the lard or mix in with lard and spread over the cone. Tie some string around to hang on a tree. I placed the cones outside to keep cold and then places in cellophane wrap tied with ribbon.   ADD on a  bird watcher book or nature book.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WESTWOOD life// Fashion, mode, punk looks

  CELEBRATE PUNK DESIGNER JUST THIS month it was Vivienne Westwood's 80th birthday. The fashion designer who brought PUNK fashions to the forefront. Her designs were over the top , colourful, eccentric and I think abit wild.  She still is designing and even some of her designs were part of the Life ball held here in the past, she also designed the costumes for the ballet performance for New years.  Known for her flaming orange reddish hair , bold clothes - she is a woman of her times, the punk era of UK. A look at some of designs and her style. tamer looks  images, vogue , runway magazine,  

CAMOUFLAGE STYLES// Fashion, designer

 SOMETHING DIFFERENT  I have to say I love color and prints, and when I saw the work of this Kenyan photographer Thandiwe Murui ,  I was in AWE.   Such vibrant prints that make a statement . The  prints or the checkerboard are definitely eye- catching. ( I happen to have a checkerboard top  that I wear as a coverup)  This might not be for everyones taste, but sometimes it is fun to be a bit wilder! THE SWIRLS  love this print and the colour combination . Vibrant and fun! A MOD- FLORAL this print that looks like a Sunflower is perfect for  summer. JUST BLENDING IN CHECKERBOARD ANYONE? find out more about her work   here   Thandiwe via BBC images via Thandiwe Murui

INSTAGRAM REAL STARS?

WONDER IF SHE IS REAL? How many people follow their favourite instagram and feel perhaps this is what a real person looks like and maybe lives like. I am not talking celebrities like Rihanna or Kardashians  or any of the other major celebrities . I am not a big follower of instagram, but for those that are there are a few surprises  such as one very popular Instagram Star is actually a virtual reality image, not a REAL person. These computer generated images look so real that people are actually thinking it is  a real person. Something strange about that , if someone is able to fool people in such a way  Firstly it is not stated this is not a real person    This to me is funny. with all the talk about fake news  etc. So why is it allowed to have computer generated images allowed to be part of?  Okay  maybe its like following a cartoon hero, i.e. SUPERMAN or WONDERWOMAN - but this we know are only characters not REAL PEOPLE. These so called stars  gorgeous , flawless and h