Skip to main content

RETURN of the MULLET? //fashion, beauty, hairstyles,

 THE 1980s was the time of discos, pop stars, Bowie, and the  mullet. The one hairstyle fad that is now it seems back on the scene. Some might like it , others not.  I for one am in the latter. Its probably the worst hair cut like something I would have done to some doll that I would try to cut its hair, only to create a disaster and tears.  I have alway had a fear of anyone cutting my hair, perhaps it started as a kid when dad would sit me down and start to trim my bangs for school pictures. Okay it wasn't so bad but sometimes the cut was to short. I recall one hairdresser chopping my hair off to a pixie cut , the Twiggy look. As a young girl it didn't matter much but as a teenager it was a disaster. That is when i got into wearing a sun hat for the summer, till the hair grew out.   Needless to say I still have a fear of sissors and salons. 

History repeats itself


THE MULLET  

Todays version of a mullet  worn by Miley Cyrus,  her dad Billy Ray ( country singer)was one to wear a mullet too




Rock stars like Bowie or Rod stewart




Even a famous movie star was one to don a mullet



 

What is your favourite style of haircuts?  Bobs, shag, long or short? 
I prefer some length , medium length , shoulder length is nice.  But really much depends on your hair, your face shape and texture. 

Meanwhile the lockdown has me thinking I really have to get my hair cut. Its starting to be way ,way to long and hard to wash. So a trip to a salon is soon in the cards.






Comments

  1. Fun post, I enjoyed reading it! The 1980’s is an interesting time for fashion and beauty. My hair needs a good cut too, and I can’t wait to get it done. Have a lovely day! :-) xx

    Helen | Helen’s Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 80s,90s , 2000s , fashion hairstyles repeat itself. no so sure its a good thing.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WESTWOOD life// Fashion, mode, punk looks

  CELEBRATE PUNK DESIGNER JUST THIS month it was Vivienne Westwood's 80th birthday. The fashion designer who brought PUNK fashions to the forefront. Her designs were over the top , colourful, eccentric and I think abit wild.  She still is designing and even some of her designs were part of the Life ball held here in the past, she also designed the costumes for the ballet performance for New years.  Known for her flaming orange reddish hair , bold clothes - she is a woman of her times, the punk era of UK. A look at some of designs and her style. tamer looks  images, vogue , runway magazine,  

INSTAGRAM REAL STARS?

WONDER IF SHE IS REAL? How many people follow their favourite instagram and feel perhaps this is what a real person looks like and maybe lives like. I am not talking celebrities like Rihanna or Kardashians  or any of the other major celebrities . I am not a big follower of instagram, but for those that are there are a few surprises  such as one very popular Instagram Star is actually a virtual reality image, not a REAL person. These computer generated images look so real that people are actually thinking it is  a real person. Something strange about that , if someone is able to fool people in such a way  Firstly it is not stated this is not a real person    This to me is funny. with all the talk about fake news  etc. So why is it allowed to have computer generated images allowed to be part of?  Okay  maybe its like following a cartoon hero, i.e. SUPERMAN or WONDERWOMAN - but this we know are only characters not REAL PEOPLE. These so called stars  gorgeous , flawless and h

CAMOUFLAGE STYLES// Fashion, designer

 SOMETHING DIFFERENT  I have to say I love color and prints, and when I saw the work of this Kenyan photographer Thandiwe Murui ,  I was in AWE.   Such vibrant prints that make a statement . The  prints or the checkerboard are definitely eye- catching. ( I happen to have a checkerboard top  that I wear as a coverup)  This might not be for everyones taste, but sometimes it is fun to be a bit wilder! THE SWIRLS  love this print and the colour combination . Vibrant and fun! A MOD- FLORAL this print that looks like a Sunflower is perfect for  summer. JUST BLENDING IN CHECKERBOARD ANYONE? find out more about her work   here   Thandiwe via BBC images via Thandiwe Murui