Skip to main content

FASHION+SUSTAINABILITY

THE BUZZ WORD - SUSTAINABLE



Everywhere  you will read  about fast fashion and how bad it is for the environment. 
And how we as consumers are changing our shopping habits, which is a good thing.
Perhaps you are buying less or better made items. 



The latest fast fashion company to follow the sustainable idea is Zara. They want to
recycle, reuse your old things . They also are going to use more organic natural materials.
I do believe HM started doing the same a few years back, to collect your used items and gave you store credit. 

So in some ways it is a good thing, but overall we need to rethink our fashion choices
We can start by wearing our clothes in  different ways, making it more versatile.
For example; how many pairs of jeans does one need?  or pair of slacks?
How often do we shop for new things ?

I have to say, I love to shop for new pieces, but usually are pieces 
that mix or match  that work with what I already have or
a more simple classic style. Nothing to wild . I usually
stick to solid colour and few prints.

 In the past I loved things with color, and i still love colour , but first I think, will i wear it often and do I love it.  If a yes, then okay. 
For example i have a designer knit that is definitely colourful, but i love it, and it is vintage.
Its made well and works well with many pieces. So it was a good investment. 


Other items are suits or pantsuit sets , again the styles are classic and not dated.  And can be worn with other pieces. Or a denim blazer that can be worn in different ways. 
I also donate things I don't use , so overall it works for me. 
To reuse or recyle is one way to help.

READ MORE about the effect of fashion on the environment
http://lechicmodeblog.blogspot.com/2019/02/clothes-we-wear-fashion-lifestyle.html


So are you following the sustainable idea or thinking about it? 





MY simple chic SUSTAINABLE CLOSET
designer knit top over 10yrs old
suits + pantsuits  10yrs old
blazers 5-10yrs
dresses LBD 6yrs
coats 8 -6yrs 
 (leopard print fav)

last purchase(3months )
2 dresses shirt style /wrap dress.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020 popular posts // blogging

  WHAT WAS POPULAR in 2020 Top posts of the year were a mix,  but the one that was most popular was the TOUCH OF GOLD, followed by fashions, and people seemed to be interested in a few gardening DIYS, which was a kind of a surprise . I guess when we were all stuck in lockdowns , doing something different is something we want to try.  From baking to gardening , or clearing out closets, fixing up our space or adding some new plants - a lot of things were new and totally different for many of us.  THE 10 TOP POSTs of 2020 A TOUCH OF GOLD ,  a look at some of my favourite pieces of jewelry. Seems we all love  jewelry and with the lockdown chances of us wearing them  was less. So I decided to write about that. see more    gold SOMETHING NEW  the summer was a hot one and i was in desperate need of something new to wear. My love of maxi dresses  had me looking for one .  The ideal maxi  FASHION THE OLD FALL FEELING a ...

MET GALA 2024// fashion , MET gala

Fashions at the Met The time is here to see the fabulous fashions that are from this years Met Gala  .Always aan eye popper and this year the theme was flowers botanical  looks.  Some very interesting creative fashions, especially if you love flowers.  My favorite look was Demi Moore’s  gorgeous gown  a really stunning dress.. The bold big floral print on the dress was wow!  I loved it!  And she looked beautiful in it.  The other gowns  were lovely too.   Men in floral print slacks to fun shoes .  Something for everyone tastes.  Photo via Getty images  Here you can see more from the gala.   Via bbc  https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-68938637

Fashion designer Armani

A  Legend in Design  Armani the iconic  designer has recently passed away. He changed  fashion in a way lke coco Chanel did. .  The Iconic Suit The Suit typically worn by men.   He changed that to include women.  He made the suit for women to wear that would empower them. Softened the look with fitted waist   Different fabrics and loose fitting trousers .  Not only was he designing fashion but had his name on fragrances eyewear a much more .  -