Skip to main content

MINIMAL LIFE// lifestyle

MINIMAL MATTERS

 I recently read a post about minimalism,   making your life minimal with less or letting go of things.  Some things I can maybe say okay to, other ideas noooo way.

Some things that i thought  why would anyone want to get rid of
that, i.e. a family heirloom , a piece of art or jewellery that belongs to a parent or relative- it has a special meaning or is perhaps worth something or not. Okay, perhaps a thing that is costume or plastic  but still it is a sentimental item or has special meaning . 


  When I moved overseas, there were many things I sold big items pieces, but smaller things no way, collectibles or valuable items , photographs and books. 
Somethings I donated and regretted it later (lesson learned).


MINIMAL SPACES

The look of minimal room is fine, the clean tidy  everything its in place. That I do like, a room with less and  a larger vocal point.  I am not big on knick knacks , dust collectors.   

 But that being said , I do believe with the right storage or enough storage space  and order to a collection is important  so it does not seem overwhelming or cluttered. Just like clothes closets if hung  up in some sense of order it looks great-  black pieces together, slack or blouses  arranged.









































So no I won't be a true minimalist. 

I find pleasure in reading or looking at a good book, or savouring a good glass of wine .
Its what life is all about - to imagine the world being a blank space with nothing to see would be
unimaginative. Simple things like a beautiful seashell, a piece of wood or a great piece of art is what makes the world more interesting.   So whether you collect rocks, books, jewelry or shoes , its  all beautiful and meaningful for you.

Today i am off to collect some items at the library book sale, 


And will be happy to have something to read  and enjoy this weekend.

ARE YOU INTO  MINIMALISM? CAN YOU GET RID OF THINGS EASILY?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020 popular posts // blogging

  WHAT WAS POPULAR in 2020 Top posts of the year were a mix,  but the one that was most popular was the TOUCH OF GOLD, followed by fashions, and people seemed to be interested in a few gardening DIYS, which was a kind of a surprise . I guess when we were all stuck in lockdowns , doing something different is something we want to try.  From baking to gardening , or clearing out closets, fixing up our space or adding some new plants - a lot of things were new and totally different for many of us.  THE 10 TOP POSTs of 2020 A TOUCH OF GOLD ,  a look at some of my favourite pieces of jewelry. Seems we all love  jewelry and with the lockdown chances of us wearing them  was less. So I decided to write about that. see more    gold SOMETHING NEW  the summer was a hot one and i was in desperate need of something new to wear. My love of maxi dresses  had me looking for one .  The ideal maxi  FASHION THE OLD FALL FEELING a ...

MET GALA 2024// fashion , MET gala

Fashions at the Met The time is here to see the fabulous fashions that are from this years Met Gala  .Always aan eye popper and this year the theme was flowers botanical  looks.  Some very interesting creative fashions, especially if you love flowers.  My favorite look was Demi Moore’s  gorgeous gown  a really stunning dress.. The bold big floral print on the dress was wow!  I loved it!  And she looked beautiful in it.  The other gowns  were lovely too.   Men in floral print slacks to fun shoes .  Something for everyone tastes.  Photo via Getty images  Here you can see more from the gala.   Via bbc  https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-68938637

Fashion designer Armani

A  Legend in Design  Armani the iconic  designer has recently passed away. He changed  fashion in a way lke coco Chanel did. .  The Iconic Suit The Suit typically worn by men.   He changed that to include women.  He made the suit for women to wear that would empower them. Softened the look with fitted waist   Different fabrics and loose fitting trousers .  Not only was he designing fashion but had his name on fragrances eyewear a much more .  -