Skip to main content

Minimal LIVING// Lifestyle, Decor fashion,

MINIMAL , how and why?

You can read so many blogs or articles about minimalism from using less, shopping less, even the foods we eat are part of the idea of minimalism.



CLOSET CLUTTER

Shopping for clothes - well I love clothes and having a new item to wear, there are things in my closet that are more then 10yrs old, classic pieces  or simple styles.  I don't need 10 pairs of slacks , having a few pairs in different colors is plenty.  Of course there are things we need to replace once they are worn out and no longer wearable - shoes, undergarments etc.  I have the basics, and then the extras like statement pieces.
Shop your closet or buy vintage pieces, borrow items from friends or family. Reuse or restyle a item simply or have it altered. 
Example a long coat shortened to a jacket.  Change or add new buttons to item,  be creative and unique.

THE HOME
When we think of minimalism in homes , we likely think of modern
bare blank spaces.


For the home I find  I like again a few statement pieces and not many small things. THE MORE WORK THERE IS to KEEP CLEAN. 


Books for me are something I really love, I can easily pick up a book months later and still enjoy it. I get all my books from the book fairs. Some great finds!
For some they use the ebooks, which is fine too. 
Also reuse or recycle items, perhaps a bookcase, lamps, chairs, 
finding some different a one of a kind piece.

SMALL or BIGGER LIVING
If you were to ask me, when  was the time you were most happy or felt happier?
I would have to say, 'When  we were CAMP'ING. Yes camping! Why? well there was less work , cleaning of a place. Less to take care.  Staying in a small holiday trailer does have some perks. The
space is smaller and very efficient. Well designed and contained everything. Shower, full kitchen(except a dishwasher), place to sleep and eat , sit and read.  Simpler and easier.

And basically that is it - the more you have, the more work it takes to keep things in order.

For a family then of course it is different. Kids need more things and clothing as they grow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WESTWOOD life// Fashion, mode, punk looks

  CELEBRATE PUNK DESIGNER JUST THIS month it was Vivienne Westwood's 80th birthday. The fashion designer who brought PUNK fashions to the forefront. Her designs were over the top , colourful, eccentric and I think abit wild.  She still is designing and even some of her designs were part of the Life ball held here in the past, she also designed the costumes for the ballet performance for New years.  Known for her flaming orange reddish hair , bold clothes - she is a woman of her times, the punk era of UK. A look at some of designs and her style. tamer looks  images, vogue , runway magazine,  

CAMOUFLAGE STYLES// Fashion, designer

 SOMETHING DIFFERENT  I have to say I love color and prints, and when I saw the work of this Kenyan photographer Thandiwe Murui ,  I was in AWE.   Such vibrant prints that make a statement . The  prints or the checkerboard are definitely eye- catching. ( I happen to have a checkerboard top  that I wear as a coverup)  This might not be for everyones taste, but sometimes it is fun to be a bit wilder! THE SWIRLS  love this print and the colour combination . Vibrant and fun! A MOD- FLORAL this print that looks like a Sunflower is perfect for  summer. JUST BLENDING IN CHECKERBOARD ANYONE? find out more about her work   here   Thandiwe via BBC images via Thandiwe Murui

INSTAGRAM REAL STARS?

WONDER IF SHE IS REAL? How many people follow their favourite instagram and feel perhaps this is what a real person looks like and maybe lives like. I am not talking celebrities like Rihanna or Kardashians  or any of the other major celebrities . I am not a big follower of instagram, but for those that are there are a few surprises  such as one very popular Instagram Star is actually a virtual reality image, not a REAL person. These computer generated images look so real that people are actually thinking it is  a real person. Something strange about that , if someone is able to fool people in such a way  Firstly it is not stated this is not a real person    This to me is funny. with all the talk about fake news  etc. So why is it allowed to have computer generated images allowed to be part of?  Okay  maybe its like following a cartoon hero, i.e. SUPERMAN or WONDERWOMAN - but this we know are only characters not REAL PEOPLE. These so called stars  gorgeous , flawless and h